Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 and Homefull


As I took possession of a very empty flat on October 1st, the following weekend was booked for cleaning and bargain hunting. I've had quite a bit of luck with Gumtree.com (an equivalent to craigslist.com), as I found a lot of good bargains, including my lovely, used but in excellent condition, Ikea dining table. Speaking of Ikea, it was essential to make a visit to my good old friend. Michelle, you would have loved it here; British Ikea is so much more fun! Anyhow, had a full Ikea English breakfast in the morning, and spent the rest of the day pushing three carts full of essential home stuff. This was one of those moments when an idea of a husband came about, as I could have used an extra pair of hands. Oy!

Little did I know, I started assembling the furniture, organizing, scrubbing, cleaning…I was playing House! Windows may not be double glazed, the house may have been built a thousand years ago (yes, I am exaggerating a bit), floors, doors and everything else in it may squeak but I am happy to call it my home. With an abundance of natural light, so much character, morning sunshine (when available), comfortable and warm bed, I simply should not complain. As my best friend said, I managed to turn a pumpkin into a stunning carriage. Though, I still do not know how to turn on the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment