Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 and Homeless


So, the big A word … Accommodation! I’ve come to a realization that finding an apartment, or should I say a flat, in September could possibly be the worst time for such a considerably simple task. Having visited over 10 rental agencies, I started to worry as I was being told to wait a whole month for something to pop up. I had a chance to view, what was described as ‘a best little studio flat on the market’. NOT!!! I was appalled by the state of this dungy, ‘never been cleaned’, ‘smelly cat’, ‘hair all over the floor’ flat. Why, why, oh why, would anyone put this on the market?

The afternoon brought better luck, as a rep from another agency informed me of an available 1 bed flat near the university. Simple, just big enough open plan kitchen + living, not much in it, a lot more presentable, still in need of a fresh coat of paint and a serious full clean-up, 1 bed flat came into my life. How divine!

I had a chance to meet the landlord, Mr.CoCo, who was just arriving with the 2 buckets of paint. Needless to say, I liked what I saw, and with a little bit of ‘Sladjy Love’, I was determined to make this flat my humble abode. Got an extra plate or a spoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment