Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thou Shalt Love Thy Neighbour as Thyself


I am yet to see a ghost in my life to officially become scared of such creatures. Regardless, when one’s home starts acting up, one should definitely question such eccentricity. As I was enjoying one of my last home projects (trying to, unsuccessfully might I add, work with a concrete wall without a drill), my living room lighting started to, without any sequence or basis, turn on and off. As I tried to make a phone call, my BBY went into a secure mode and deleted all its memory. Left without any phone numbers, I decided to contact my neighbours whom I’ve never met. An impossible task that was, when an entry door lock is completely stuck, and one cannot leave the flat. Without a phone, lighting, and a privilege to leave the house, I was left in the dark, literally, with nothing but a hope that someone might pass in my hallway.

My saviour, one and only, a Polish man, a neighbour, a kind, young and beautiful soul, came to my rescue with his girlfriend. I yelled out for help, and after a few attempts my door was opened and I was free. I am so grateful for such wonderful neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment